Information on participating of Yasaka Festival Lucky Star Mikoshi Passing 2019 (the 170th anniversary festival)
Following last year, Lucky Star Mikoshi (らき☆すた神輿) Passing will be held at the “Yasaka Festival (八坂祭)”, summer regular festival of Washimiya district in Kuki City, Saitama Prefecture.
So, we are looking for a person who can play a role in raising the Yasaka Festival by carrying Lucky Star Mikoshi on your shoulders. If you register as a carrier, you can get the carrier’s T-shirt (official illustration is printed) at the reception on the day and can participate in a lottery for the nice goods related to Lucky Star Mikoshi.
- Unlike last year, Mikoshi carrier registration is required to participate as a carrier of Lucky Star Mikoshi.
- There is no provision of lunch boxes and tentative lodging that were offered at Haji Festival. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Yasaka Festival(八坂祭) Overview
"Yasaka Festival八坂祭 (Tennou-sama 天王様)", a festival held in the summer of Washinomiya area, is a festival held to calm the Great King having the head of a bull(牛頭大王), which is regarded as a deadly god, to prepare for the coming of summer that diseases and natural disasters are likely to occur.
From the evening of the fourth Sunday in July every year, five festival floats (山車) decorated with lanterns are drawn. The flute, the drum, and the bell music sound lively to color the hot summer evening.
The festival has become more exciting with the joining of the Lucky Star Mikoshi from last year.
In addition, this year, the first year of the Reiwa, is the 170th anniversary of the Washinomiya Yasaka Festival. This is the summer festival of Washinomiya to be commemorated as “the 170th anniversary festival”.
- Event date：28th July 2019 (Sunday)
- Day section：12:30～16:00
- Night section：18:45～21:30 ※Lucky Star Mikoshi Passing is in Night Section
- Official Web Site(Japanese) http://www.wasimiya.org/yasakasai/
（A photograph is a thing of Yasaka Festival Lucky Star Mikoshi Passing 2018.）
Lucky Star Mikoshi Schedule of the Day
- Participant Reception (Pre-registrated)：14:00～17:00
- Registration on the day：14:00～17:00
- Mikoshi carrier Assembling Time：18:30
- Lucky Star Mikoshi Passing：19:00～21:30
Registration and assembling spot are the same place in car parking of Pony toy store (ポニー玩具店駐車場)
※Schedules may change depending on the situation of the day.
Yasaka Festival Lucky Star Mikoshi Map
Eligibility for paticipation
Those who agree and acknowledge all the following matters
- Please fill in the necessary information for registration of Mikoshi carrier correctly. If we can not confirm your identity at the time of reception, the registration of Mikoshi carrier will be invalid.
- Registration fee of 2000 yen is required at the reception on the day.
- Due to heavy rain, lightning strikes, etc., the festival may be canceled before the start or during Mikoshi passing. Even in that case, registration fee already paid will not be refund.
- For those under the age of 18, please participate in advance with the permission of the parents.
- Transportation expenses and accommodation expenses are borne by the participants themselves.
- As there are photographs taken by the general participants on the roadside, the news media and so on during Mikoshi passing, there is possibility that your picture will be released later in the media, SNS, etc.
Group commemorative photos and photos during Mikoshi passing taken by the Lucky Star Mikoshi Preparation Committee, will be available on the Lucky Star Mikoshi website, Twitter, etc.
- For smooth and safe operation, please act in accordance with instruction from the staff.
- Yasaka Festival Organizing Organization and Lucky Mikoshi Preparation Committee are not responsible for lost property, injury during Mikoshi Passing, etc.
- Please keep the manner and the promise in the festival, and cooperate with other participants to pump up the Yasaka festival.
We will serve you water and sweets during Mikoshi Passing so that you can carry cheerfully.
If you register as a carrier, you can get the carrier’s T-shirt (official illustration is printed) at the reception on the day and can participate in a lottery for the nice goods related to Lucky Star Mikoshi.
Mikoshi Carrier Registration
Schedule of registration is as follows:
- Pre registration：12th June(Wed)0:00～26th/July(Fri)24:00 at Lucky Star Mikoshi Web site Registration Form for carrier
- Registration on the day: 28th July(Sun)14:00～17:00 at "Lucky Star Mikoshi Headquarter(らき☆すた神輿本部)" in Yasaka Festival
※Even during the period the reception will be closed as soon as the capacity has been reached.
Those who have pre-registered, please go participant reception at the Lucky Star Mikoshi headquarters between 14:00～17:00 on the day.
Please note that registration will be invalid if the reception is not received within the time.
For registration on the day, we will accept participation at the time of registration.
Request during Mikoshi Passing
- Please wear the "Carrier T-shirt" that you will receive at the reception desk on the day. (We identify person who are wearing this T-shirts as Mikoshi carriers.)
Please do not hide the pattern of the T-shirt when putting on a jacket etc.
- We are prohibiting wearing Hanten(半纏) (Happi coat(法被)) and similar items other than Yasaka Festival organizers (Shikachou(四ヶ町) and Shinmachi(新町)).
As an exception, wearing "Lucky Star Happi coat (法被)" that is Lucky Star related goods is permitted.
- For injury prevention, avoid wearing clothes and footwear that can not bear heavy movements. (Especially high heels, sandals etc.)
- Do not forcibly carry it to the end, please carry on alternating.
Unlike the Haji Festival, there are sections with longer distances, so please carry on alternating.
Staff may encourage change over.
- When you are not carrying Mikoshi, please cheer the Mikoshi Passing from around.
- Please speak to the staff near you when you feel sick or in trouble.
We will open a luggage storage corner for the registrant of the Lucky Star Mikoshi Carrier during Mikoshi Passing.
Please use if you have large luggage that would be obstacle during Lucky Star mikoshi carrying.
- Place：Luggage storage corner（担ぎ手登録者 手荷物預かり所)along the Washimiya station street.(Reffer above map)
- ime for deposit：14:30～17:15
- Time for return：Within 30 minutes after Mikoshi Passing finished
※We do not accept deposit and return other than above time period.
- Only Lucky Start Mikoshi Carrier registrant can deposit luggage.
- When you deposit your luggage, you need paper of notice handed to Lucky Start Mikoshi Carrier registrant at the reception on the day.
- For valuables (wallet and return ticket etc), please be sure to manage by yourself.
- We can not assume the responsibility for loss / theft.
Person in charge of personal information handling
※We will properly manage the personal information you provided and will not use it for other than Lucky Star Mikoshi Passing operation.
※When we provide personal information to third part such as Kuki City Chamber of Commerce and Industry Washimiya branch, we will inform you every time.
Lucky Star Mikoshi Preparation Committee, Representative Toshisa Ooki/ Vice representative(General Affairs) Seiji Fuchigami